Dora and Friends Fan Club (the "Club")
We have a few rules (these Rules) which you'll need to know and follow when you join the Club operated by us, the promoter, Nickelodeon UK Limited (Company Registration No: 2797365) of 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8TT (Nickelodeon).
These Rules include details about how to register for the Club, opening and closing dates, details of membership benefits and anything else Nickelodeon thinks you may need to know about becoming a member of the Club (a Member). These Rules will apply to Club registration, and by registering for the Club and becoming a Member you promise to follow and be bound by these Rules (which may be amended or varied at any time by Nickelodeon with or without notice) and by Nickelodeon's decisions, which are final in all matters relating to these Rules and the Club, and no correspondence or discussion shall be joined into.
BILL PAYER'S PERMISSION
1. There may be some costs involved to become a Member and participate in the Club, for example, charges for using the Internet. So, please check with the person who will be paying the bill before joining. Costs to join may vary and it is advisable that the person paying the bill checks the current rates with their network operator.
WHO CAN BECOME A MEMBER?
2. You must be aged 18 years or over and live in the UK or Republic of Ireland to become a Member.
3. You may register to become a Member from 00.01 am on Monday 4 July 2016 (the Opening Date) until such time and date as is determined by Nickelodeon and notified to Members in advance (to be no earlier than 12 months after the Opening Date) (the Closing Date), at which point the Club will cease to exist. The period between the Opening Date and the Closing Date is referred to in these Rules as the Membership Period.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
4. If you want to become a Member, you need to
a) go to www.Nickjrfanclub.uk (the Club Website) and complete the online registration form, including full name, valid postal address and valid email address
b) confirm age and agreement with these Rules by ticking the appropriate boxes, during the Membership Period, and together (a) and (b) above shall be a Registration.
5. No purchase is necessary in order to join the Club, but you will need access to the Internet in order to access the Club Website. Registration can only be done via the Club Website, and registrations submitted by any other method will not be valid.
6. Registrations received outside the Membership Period (being before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date) will not be valid. Nickelodeon is not responsible if your Registration gets lost, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, damaged or if you have technical problems trying to join the Club.
7. Please take care when seeking to join the Club to ensure that we have your correct details. Any Registrations which are incomplete and/or can't be read clearly will not be valid. A valid email address will be required in order to join the Club.
8. Any enquiries about the Club should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Members may cancel their membership of the Club at any time by emailing this address or by selecting the "unsubscribe” link in the monthly newsletter sent by the Club. Upon selecting this link, Members will then be asked to re-enter their email address in order to confirm that they wish to unsubscribe from the Club.
9. By joining the Club, each Member shall receive the following for the duration of the Membership Period (the Membership Benefits):
a) a monthly Club newsletter via email, each including a downloadable activity sheet; and
b) various other benefits to be confirmed by Nickelodeon throughout the Membership Period.
10. In addition to the Membership Benefits, the first 5,000 (five thousand) people to become new Members on or after the Opening Date shall also receive a Nick Jnr welcome pack containing the following (each a Welcome Pack and together the Welcome Packs):
- 1x 'Digby Dragon' activity booklet
- 1x 'Digby Dragon' poster
- 1x 'Digby Dragon' mask
- 1x official welcome letter from Nick Jr.
11. In addition to the Welcome Pack, the first 100 (one hundred) people to become new Members on or after the Opening Date shall also receive a 'Digby Dragon' DVD.
12. Once all Welcome Packs have been awarded, new Members shall only be eligible to receive the standard Membership Benefits.
13. Welcome Packs can only be sent to a postal address in the UK or Republic of Ireland, so if you have moved outside the UK or Republic of Ireland after joining the Club, you will no longer be eligible to receive a Welcome Pack.
14. A maximum of one (1) Welcome Pack will be sent to any single address.
15. Dispatch of the Welcome Packs shall begin in the week commencing 25 July 2016. Following this date, Welcome Packs will be sent by 2nd class post to all eligible Members within 8 (eight) weeks of Registration.
16. The Membership Benefits and Welcome Packs are as stated and cannot be exchanged or transferred. No cash alternatives will be offered.
17. Each Member will be required to provide a valid postal address in order to be eligible to receive a Welcome Pack.
18. Nickelodeon reserves the right to cancel the Club at any stage prior to the Membership Period or to shorten the time for joining the Club during the Membership Period if Nickelodeon thinks it is necessary in its reasonable opinion, or if circumstances arise which are out of Nickelodeon's control.
19. Events may occur that render the provision of the Membership Benefits and/or awarding of the Welcome Packs (or any part thereof) impossible due to reasons beyond the reasonable control of Nickelodeon. Nickelodeon will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the Member should they not receive or be able to receive the Membership Benefits or Welcome Pack (or any part thereof) as a result of any such event. In particular, Nickelodeon shall have no obligation to substitute any alternative prize, cash equivalent or provide any other compensation.
20. Nickelodeon has the right to cancel any Member's Club membership and/or not to send a Welcome Pack out to any eligible Member if a Member does not comply with these Rules or Nickelodeon has reasonable grounds for believing that a Member has broken a Rule.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
21. Personal information collected from Members will be used by Nickelodeon solely in connection with the Club and will not be disclosed to any third party except for the purposes of operating the Club, providing the Membership Benefits and/or delivering the Welcome Packs where applicable. The declared Members' information will be shared by Nickelodeon with such third parties only to the extent that this information is required to fulfil these purposes.
22. Once all Welcome Packs have been claimed and distributed, the data including Members' postal addresses will be permanently destroyed within 28 working days. Only the Member's name and e-mail address will be retained in order to send the monthly newsletter and fulfil other Membership Benefits. If a Member chooses to unsubscribe in accordance with clause 8 above, all their personal data shall be permanently destroyed.
23. Any personal information collected by Nickelodeon in connection with the Club will be
24. All changes to the Rules will be posted in revised terms and conditions on http://www.nickjrfanclub.uk/
25. Nickelodeon will not be liable to you for any delays or failure (whether in whole or in part) in carrying out its obligations in respect of the Club due to circumstances beyond Nickelodeon's reasonable control. You will be solely responsible for any costs incurred by you as a result of such delays and/or failures.
26. Nickelodeon will not be liable to you for any loss or damage however it was caused (including without limitation in contract, tort or statutory duty) in connection with the Club and/or Welcome Packs, other than death or personal injury caused by Nickelodeon's (and/or its employees') negligence.
27. The Rules in respect of the Club are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and if there are any disputes the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.